Major in Sustainable Agriculture Systems
Develop the skill needed to lead in sustainable agricultural systems with this major stream. As a student, you will have the opportunity to widen you knowledge base by:
- Studying agriculture in the wider context of local, national and international perspectives.
- Considering the links between human activity and agricultural institutions.
- Developing your expertise in agricultural production systems, natural resource management and the interrelationship of these with our social and economic systems.
- Becoming a Professional Agrologist (P.Ag.) once you graduate.
Some of our most popular courses in this steam include Environmentally Sustainable Agriculture, Invasive Alien Plants and Protected Areas Planning & Management.
Browse through more course options in the course catalogue. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
This major will prepare you for a career as a:
- Agricultural Specialist
- Agricultural Commodity Inspector
- Market Research Analyst
- Crop & Livestock Producer
- Poultry Industry Careers
- Beef Industry Careers
- Check out UAlberta's Agriculture Career Guide for more options.