Combined Degree with Native Studies
Combined environmental and conversation science with a foundation in Native studies. Students will have the opportunity to:
- Graduate with two degrees in five years—Bachelor of Science in Environmental & Conservation Science and Bachelor of Arts in Native Studies .
- Learn how Aboriginal history, politics and cultural values influence natural resource management.
- Promote stewardship of Aboriginal lands within the context of government policies and industrial development.
The most popular courses in this program include Perspectives on Traditional Knowledge, Public Participation & Conflict Resolution and Natural Resource & Environmental Law.
Browse full program course listing for more options. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
This program will prepare you for a career in a range of positions, including:
- Aboriginal relations apecialist
- Traditional ecological knowledge advisor
- Aboriginal culture training consultant
- Sustainability specialist
- Environmental relations advisor
- Environmental educator
- Check out UAlberta's Environmental Science Career Guide for more information.