All students must apply online through the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. Click the Apply Now button on the right to go there now. There is an application fee of $100.00 CAD.
The required documents for application are as follows:
English Language Proficiency (if applicable) (TOEFL, IELTS);
a writing sample of 12-15 pages (typically a research paper, but other relevant writing can be submitted).
- official copies of your transcripts for all previous post-secondary schooling showing marks obtained (submitted in the original language, accompanied by a certified English translation);
- Curriculum Vitae or resume listing academic background as well as relevant work, activist, and/or volunteer experience (use the form provided as part of the on-line application);
- three letters of reference from academics or relevant professionals who can speak to the applicant's suitability for graduate study in the field of Gender and Social Justice;
- statement of research interest that outlines:
how your academic background or other related interests and activities prepare you for graduate studies in Gender and Social Justice;
the suitability of the University of Alberta's Gender and Social Justice program to your research and professional goals;
your research goals or interests; and
what you hope to be able to do after graduating with the MA in Gender and Social Justice (1500 word maximum);
- applicants considering a specialization in Digital Humanities should clarify in their statement of research interest how the DH component will enrich their proposed project.
- Applicants considering a specialization in Digital Humanities must meet the minimum entrance requirements for both the MA program in Gender and Social Justice and the Digital Humanities Program. Applications are first reviewed by the Graduate Committee in Gender and Social Justice, and, if successful at that stage, are forwarded to DH for its review process.
- Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration.
- DO NOT send hard copies of documents to the Department; all application documents are to be uploaded to the FGSR application system.
- You will be able to check on the progress of your application by returning to the online application system; please do not contact the Department to ask about your application.
- The completed application and all supporting documentation must be uploaded by the application deadline: January 15th of desired program entry year.
- A supervisor is not required at the time of application.