All students must apply online through the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. Click the Apply Now button on the right to go there now. There is an application fee of $100.00 CAD.
The required documents for application are as follows:
required test scores (such as TOEFL);
a writing sample of 12-15 pages (typically a research paper, but other relevant writing can be submitted).
- official copies of your transcripts for all previous post-secondary schooling showing marks obtained (submitted in the original language, accompanied by a certified English translation);
- Curriculum Vitae or resume listing academic background as well as relevant work, activist, and/or volunteer experience (use the form provided as part of the on-line application);
- three letters of reference from academics or relevant professionals who can speak to the applicant's suitability for graduate study in the field of Gender and Social Justice;
- statement of research interest that outlines:
how your academic background or other related interests and activities prepare you for graduate studies in Gender and Social Justice;
the suitability of the University of Alberta's Gender and Social Justice program to your research and professional goals;
your research goals or interests; and
what you hope to be able to do after graduating with the MA in Gender and Social Justice (1500 word maximum);
- Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration.
- DO NOT send hard copies of documents to the Department; all application documents are to be uploaded to the FGSR application system.
- You will be able to check on the progress of your application by returning to the online application system; please do not contact the Department to ask about your application.
- The completed application and all supporting documentation must be uploaded by the application deadline: January 15th of desired program entry year.