Major in Environmental Economics and Policy
Prepare for a career of developing, assessing and influencing environmental economics and policy with major. As a student, you will have the chance to:
- Develop quantitative and analytical skills in economic theory.
- Apply economic and policy analysis to real-life environmental studies.
- Learn the economic, social, political and legal issues associated with environmental issues.
- Gain the necessary scientific background for an in-depth understanding of environmental issues.
Some of the most popular courses in this major include Natural Resource Economics, Environmental & Conservation Policy, and Natural Resource & Environmental Law.
Browse the full course listing for more opportunities to tailor this major to your interests. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
As a graduate, you will be qualified to hold a position as a:
- Environmental economist
- Environmental policy analyst
- Environmental auditor
- Compliance promotion specialist
- Sustainability specialist
- Environmental lawyer (with a law degree)
- Check out UAlberta's Environmental Science Career Guide for more options