The Alberta School of Business admits exceptional students from a wide range of backgrounds into the MBA program. Applicants who can demonstrate strong leadership qualities, unique backgrounds and work experience, and the initiative and motivation to succeed in academic and professional pursuits are prime candidates for the Alberta MBA.
In assessing a candidate's academic and professional qualifications, the following criteria are used:
- Recognized undergraduate degree with GPA of at least 3.0 (see international GPA equivalents)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score **
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers (see exemptions)
- Professional work experience
- Statement of Intent letter
- Two letters of reference
- Admissions interviews
See entrance requirements for more information about our admission criteria.
** With the current COVID-19 situation we may be able to consider your Fall 2020 application without a GMAT or GRE score. Please reach out via our contact form and we will be able to work with you to determine if you would be required to submit a GMAT/GRE score.
Not sure of your eligibility to the Alberta MBA program? We would be happy to help assess your work experience and academic qualifications prior to a formal application. Reach out to us with a copy of your resume and transcripts.
Applicants are required to apply on-line through the Faculty of Graduate Studies website. The application fee of $100 can be paid on-line. In completing the on-line application, MBA (CRSE) is our standard MBA program.
All supporting documents can be uploaded directly into the online application system. Once you have received your official letter of admission, official academic documents must be submitted.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research (FGSR) plays a key role in providing final admissions approval for all graduate students across the University of Alberta. There are a number of key points to be aware of with respect to the admission process and the unique roles the Business Master's Programs Office and FGSR plays within it:
- Shortly after you have completed the final admissions interview stage, you will receive communication from the Master's Programs Office Admissions Committee regarding the decision for admission.
- If favorable, the Master's Programs Office will send a request to FGSR to formally admit you to the program.
- If any documents are missing or outstanding from your application, a member of our office will contact you.
- FGSR may take up to four weeks to render a decision, so it is important to factor in this time frame when applying to the program.
- Once approved by FGSR, an admission letter will be uploaded on the online application portal.
- You will subsequently receive an admission letter via email from the Master's Programs Office that will outline more specifics and details regarding the program.
The Alberta MBA is an investment in your future. We appreciate the commitment required to pursue your MBA and have both financial aid and scholarships available to help you achieve your goals.
Awards & Financial Aid
Campus Visit Travel Stipend
Familiarizing yourself with campus and student life are important aspects of selecting a graduate program. Prospective students interested in visiting the Alberta School of Business at the University of Alberta may be eligible for a travel stipend used towards accommodation. If you would like to plan a visit and wish to apply for a travel stipend, please email us at: email@example.com.