- You must be in grade 10, 11 or 12 at the time of application.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must have a reference from a Career and Technology Studies, Math or Science teacher on school letterhead.
- To be eligible for a 2017 internship, all application documents must be received by April 7, 2017.
- You may apply again, even if you have previously participated in the HIP program.
- The HIP program for 2017 will run from July 4 through August 11. You must be able to work weekdays for the entirety of the 6 weeks indicated.
How to Apply
To apply for the High School Internship Program, you will need to submit an online application and send supporting documents via email. The deadline for 2017 internships is Friday, April 7, 2017.
The application form for 2017 is now closed. Thanks to all who have applied!
Supporting application documents
The following supporting application documents must be in PDF format and named accordingly:
- LastName-FirstName_nomination.pdf: A nomination letter from your teacher (on the official school letterhead)
- LastName-FirstName_intent.pdf: A letter of intent (experience, interests and why you would like to take part in HIP)
- LastName-FirstName_resume.pdf: Your current resume
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "HIP application documents 2017."
If you are unable to send these documents electronically, you may send them by regular mail to:
Department of Computing Science
Attention: HIP Applications
2-21 Athabasca Hall
University of Alberta
Documents sent by regular mail must still be received by the deadline.
Supervisors will begin reviewing applications on April 10, 2017. You will be notified by email by
May 5, 2017 May 12, 2017* regarding the status of your application to the Computing Science High School Internship Program.
*Due to the large number of excellent applicants, the HIP notification date has been pushed back by a week.