As a researcher and / or student, you require access to the University of Alberta Art Collection or Mactaggart Art Collection as it relates to coursework or research projects.
As an individual visiting the collections, you will need to provide us with two (2) pieces of photo identification at your first on-site visit. If you do not provide the information requested on the form below, you will be asked for it prior to your visit. We collect this information for security purposes only (see Terms of Agreement in form).
Before you request a tour of the UAlberta Art Collection or the Mactaggart Art Collection, please ensure you know and have done the following:
1. Have a tour date in mind – please note that we require tour requests to be submitted a minimum of 15 business days before the tour. There is the opportunity to list three possible dates in the online form.
2. Read our Visitor Regulations [PDF]
3. Note that we have the right to refuse any tour request and those reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Terms of Agreement are not signed
- Staff shortages or pre-existing conflicts with chosen and alternate dates and times
- Request does not meet security requirements
- Request is outside the scope of what the University of Alberta Museums offers
- Purpose of visit is not appropriate or substantiated by the University of Alberta Museums
- Visitor Regulations are repeatedly violated
- Repeated Client cancellation or failure to attend
Book a Tour:
Fill out and submit an online form (please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions)
The University of Alberta Museums reviews every request and will reach out within five (5) business days to discuss your request.