A minor in Sociology requires ★18 as follows:
- SOC 100 - Introductory Sociology
- ★6 unspecified SOC (this may include any of our 200-level, 300-level or 400-level Sociology courses)
- ★6 at the 300- or 400-level
- ★3 from:
- SOC 210 - Introduction to Social Statistics
- SOC 224 - Sociology of Deviance and Conformity
- SOC 225 - Criminology
- SOC 241 - Social Psychology
- SOC 251 - Population and Society
- SOC 260 - Inequality and Social Stratification
- SOC 269 - Introductory Sociology of Globalization
- SOC 271 - Introduction to the Family
R SOC 355 and R SOC 450 have been approved for cross-listing as applicable to a major or minor in Sociology (see Cross-Listed Courses).
Students considering a minor in Sociology studying in a degree program outside the Faculty of Arts complete the above requirements, plus any additional requirements required by their own faculty for completing a minor.