Depending on what type of student you are, you may be required to actively accept your admission offer and/or pay a tuition deposit in order to enter a new program. When your admission offer is available, you will be notified to go to UAlberta Launchpad to accept your offer. For most students new to the University of Alberta, a non-refundable tuition deposit is required in order to accept your offer of admission and confirm a spot in your program. Your spot in the program is not confirmed until we receive your payment. Review our list of deadlines and read the information below to find options on how to pay.
Online banking is the preferred payment method for anyone with a Canadian bank account. Payments are processed through your financial institution’s own banking service.
How to pay through online banking:
1. Log on to your bank's online system.
2. Add the University of Alberta as a payee on your bill payment profile (The name will vary from bank to bank. Do not use the "University of Alberta Faculty Club").
3. Enter your account information. The account number is your seven-digit UAlberta Student ID number and the first four letters of your last name. For example: if your name is John Jones and your student ID number is 1234567, then your account number would be 1234567JONE. If your last name is less than four letters, use your first name to complete the four letters. For example: if your student ID number is 1234567 and your name is John Xu, then your account number would be 1234567XUJO.
4. It may take up to 10 business days for your payment to be processed.
- Within 3-5 days your payment should appear in Bear Tracks
- Within 6-10 days your payment should appear in your UAlberta Launchpad Portal
Your offer is considered accepted once the payment shows in UAlberta Launchpad. Admission deposits must be initiated on or before the deposit deadline to ensure your offer of admission is not cancelled.
Payments can be made through any online banking account, as long as the payee (step 2) and account number (step 3) are correct. If you have any questions about online banking, contact your financial institution.
How to pay through Interac Online
You may be able to pay your tuition deposit using Interac® Online. You must have an account with online banking privileges with RBC Royal Bank or a Credit Union listed on the Interac® Online website.
Note: Make sure your daily Interac® limit will be high enough to cover your tuition deposit payment.
VISA and MASTERCARD debit cannot be used with Interac® Online. For cards displaying the VISA and MASTERCARD Debit Logo, submit a payment through your financial institution using the online, mobile or telephone banking options.