Quality improvement is an everyday responsibility for all healthcare providers
What is EPIQ?
EPIQ is a process that helps teams improve the quality of care that they provide. The EPIQ process facilitates local and national quality improvement using five principles:
- Benchmarking with a standardized database
- Collaboration between facilities and teams
- Best practice consensus from best available evidence
- Training of front-line teams in quality improvement methods
- Sharing of successes and failures through networking.
Refined over 15 years of clinical trials, EPIQ clarifies the quality improvement process and addresses both the technical and human dimensions in orchestrating change.
The EPIQ Workshop: Training front-line teams in quality improvement methods
The EPIQ workshop uses a hands-on approach that enables teams to successfully implement quality improvement together. Each workshop incorporates a series of 10 steps that build a team’s understanding of quality improvement using evidence-based tools and realistic improvement opportunities. The workshop’s collaborative approach parallels the team-based nature of healthcare, giving groups the language, skills, and tools needed to carry out their first improvement project.
In each 4-6 hour workshop you will learn:
- Why improvement science is valuable in health care and everyday life
- Gain expertise on the QI process and understand how to implement it in your context
- Establish a stronger understanding of your opportunities for change
- Break down implementation into achievable steps
- Get a handle on the logistics: plans, team creation, measurement, and more
EPIQ in your workplace
The clear and systematic nature of EPIQ process makes it easy for healthcare providers and educators in your workplace to become agents of change. Local champions quickly develop the confidence to support team-based quality improvement activities. The EPIQ process provides tools for post-workshop activity and opportunities for local quality improvement champions to become EPIQ facilitators who can access the web-based EPIQ portal.
Taking an EPIQ workshop