Information for International Students

International students are eligible to participate in Arts Work Experience (AWE). Once accepted into AWE, students are required to obtain a co-op work permit in order to be able to work in Canada as a work experience student.

Coop Work Permit Information:

  • Arts Work Experience staff will provide International students who are accepted into AWE a letter of support to include with their work permit application. This letter will be sent via email once students have paid their AWE Program and Career Education fee.
  • It is recommended that you apply for your work permit right away regardless of when you would like to do a work term. Although it is a free application, it can take up to 4 months of processing time to obtain your work permit.
  • The co-op work permit is the ONLY type of permit that can be used for a co-op work term.

International students requiring additional information about the co-op work permit should contact International Student Services. You can email to ask a question or make an appointment.

Contact Us

HUB Career Centre
8917 HUB Mall
Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30