Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
Minimum TOEFL score for Undergraduate applicants is 90 (internet based test) with a score of no less than 21 on each band or equivalent. In addition to the TOEFL iBT, other ways of satisfying the English Language Proficiency Requirement include:
- A score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with no band less than 5.5
- A score of at least 70 on the CAEL (the Canadian Academic English Language assessment exam)
- A score of at least 180 on the Cambridge C1 Advanced, formerly known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- A score of at least 180 on the Cambridge C2 Proficiency, formerly known as Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
- A score of at least 85 on the MELAB (Michigan English Assessment Battery)
- A score of at least 59 on the PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic)
NOTE: The TOEFL ITP (Institutional Testing Program) and TOEIC are not recognized by the University of Alberta and cannot be accepted as proof of English language proficiency for admission.
As professional program that is part of a quota Faculty, the Alberta School of Business requires that English Language Proficiency be met. Unless specifically agreed upon, no exceptions will be made. Please see the official Language Requirements for undergraduate admission for more information and all acceptable methods for fulfilling University of Alberta ELP standards.
Graduate Admission Requirements:
The standard TOEFL (iBT) score for MBA applicants is 100 at the Alberta School of Business. The official English Language Proficiency requirements for graduate students at the University of Alberta may be found on the Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research website. Unless specifically agreed upon in advance, this requirement cannot be waived for incoming exchange applicants.