Program of Research
The research areas of the faculty members include the following:
1. Health Service Delivery for Seniors
- Seniors Community Hub (Seniors care in primary care)
- Geriatric Evaluation and Management in the Emergency Department
- Geriatric Home Assessments and Interventions
2. Transportation Mobility of Seniors
3. Stigma and Dementia; Identification of Mental Health Disorders in Seniors
4. Core Competencies in the Care of the Elderly
5. Decision-Making Capacity Assessment
6. Support for caregivers
7. Large Data-Set Research on Dementia and Acute Care
The Division provides research support to its residents. Residents perform chart reviews, quality improvement projects, and systematic reviews on a variety of clinical interests, including polypharmacy, hospital-acquired pneumonia, inappropriate urinary catheterization, and dementia management.
Research Activities of Division Members
A listing of research activities of division members is provided in their biographies on under Division Members page.