A major in Sociology requires:
- SOC 100 - Introductory Sociology
- SOC 210 - Introduction to Social Statistics
- SOC 212 - Classical Social Theory
- SOC 315 - Introduction to Social Methodology
- SOC 335 - Themes in Contemporary Social Theory
- ★6 in SOC at the 300- or 400-level
- ★6 in SOC at the 400-level
- SOC 241 - Social Psychology
- SOC 251 - Population and Society
- SOC 260 - Inequality and Social Stratification
- SOC 269 - Introductory Sociology of Globalization
Note: Theory and statistics/methodology coursework should be completed as soon as possible.
Declaring or Changing your major for current BA students: If you are currently in the Bachelor of Arts (BA) program, and would like to officially declare or change your major to Sociology, submit an on-line Google Form titled Declaration or Change of Major/Minor. The Arts Undergraduate Student Services office will process your request. Please allow 10 business days for your record to be updated.
It is recommended that Sociology majors:
- Register in SOC 100 in the first year
- Check ahead to see what 200-, 300-, and 400-level courses most interest you to build in appropriate prerequisite courses into your program.
- Refer to your Academic Requirements report on Bear Tracks to track the progress of degree completion.