Make a difference, and make friends too.
Volunteer with the Sustainability Council. Join an exciting and experienced team that has been at the heart of campus life for almost ten years. Together, we will engage the university community on issues like climate change, food security, biodiversity and our energy future. It's a great opportunity to contribute to your community, while learning valuable skills and gaining knowledge in sustainability.
Volunteering pays back
- Gain unique access to professional development training
- Get discounted registration for events like the Student Sustainability Summit
- Meet faculty, staff and interns doing innovative on-campus research
- Expand your network and make lasting friendships
Diverse project teams
The Sustainability Council is looking for volunteers with a wide range of skills and interests. The teams for 2019-20 include:
Campus Saint-Jean volunteers work on sustainability initiatives at our french-speaking campus.
- Recycling Street Team volunteers champion waste reduction and develop educational campaigns on proper waste disposable on campus.
- Outreach & Engagement volunteers promote and host events such as the Student Sustainability Summit and Sustainability Awareness Week.
- Public Education volunteers meet to discuss sustainability related issues and turn their conversations into videos to share on social media.
If you want to make a difference and join a vibrant and fun community, apply to volunteer with the Sustainability Council. The program normally accepts volunteers in September and January. If you are interested, please email: