We welcome applications from all individuals who meet our minimum admission requirements.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Four-year undergraduate degree or graduate degree
- Close match of research interests with one or more faculty members
- Grade point average of 3.0 or better in last two years or equivalent of study
- When primary language is not English, either:
- a satisfactory score on the TOEFL (minimum total score of 88 on the iBT with a score of at least 20 in each skill area) or another approved English language examination
- or, baccalaureate degree or its academic equivalent from a recognized institution, in which the language of instruction is English
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a requirement for admission to the graduate program. This requirement can be waived with the explicit written consent of the applicant's potential supervisor(s). In the absence of the supervisor's consent, applications lacking GRE scores will be considered incomplete
- Submit the Application for Research Supervision & Graduate Assistantship.
- Fill out the Graduate Application.
- Once initiated you have 21 days to complete the application.
- Upon submission remit $100 application fee payable with Mastercard or Visa.
- Your application must include the results of the Graduate Record Examination General Test or proof of waiver from your proposed supervisor and, if applicable, the results of your English Language Proficiency examination.
- Request your test results be sent directly to Department at address below.
- Request three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your understanding of the research process and your potential as a researcher and teacher.
- Once you submit your application, your referees will be emailed a link to submit their reference letters directly.
- Upload transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended. Please read the Requirements for Acceptance of Uploaded Transcripts. If you are offered admission to the program, we will request that you mail transcripts to the Department at that time.
- Prepare a statement of research interests.
- Include sections on your background in psychology, research experience, whom you want to work with in the Department and why, specific research interests, and career goals.
- Upload your statement directly to your application.
- Prepare a C.V.
- Deadline: We accept applications starting on September 1 in the year before entry into the program, and will begin making offers for admission starting on December 1. The final deadline for submitting an application is January 15.
- Graduate students are admitted only in September.
- Complete applications received prior to January 15 will be considered for early adjudication of scholarships.
- Check status of the application through Bear Tracks.