Bachelor of Science in Animal Health, Major in Companion and Performance Animals
Enter the field of companion and performance animals with this major. As a student, you will have the opportunity to:
- Complete your pre-veterinary medicine requirements in this major.
- Develop expertise in the physiology, nutrition, behaviour and evolving role of companion and performance animals.
- Test your knowledge in the faculty's animal research facilities.
- Gain mastery in the sociology and psychology of the animal-human bond.
- Learn from real case studies of search and rescue animals, sport animals, animal-assisted therapy and animals who serve to improve the well-being of individuals.
Some of the most popular courses in this stream include Companion Animals & Society, Animal Welfare and Research on the Human Animal Bond
Browse through the full course catalogue for more opportunities in this major. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.