- scaled rapid dampening suspension for ultra class oil sand haulers and
- scale tire – oil sand interaction. The next area will combine the two pieces of work and conduct large scale field testing looking at multi component (suspension – tire – ground) interactions.
- Cyclic performance of oil sand under extreme adverse loading conditions is a separate piece of work. These projects draw considerable field assistance and participation from industry.
Research projects currently in progress
- Cyclic performance of shovel hoist ropes
- real time hauler g-level structural and tonne-kilometre-per-hour analysis
- rolling resistance change, hauler fuel usage and emissions
- vibration induced deterioration of oil sand ground beneath in-pit operating crushers
- use of emulsions as water inflow blockers in sandstone and other porous media
Dr. Joseph has been served as the Associate Dean, Student & Co-op Services of the Faculty of Engineering since 2013.