Curious about our course topics? Check out detailed descriptions of this year's courses: English 103, 200, 300, and 400 levels, Film Studies, and Creative Writing.
Interested in what our Faculty members are researching? Check out some of our recent publications.
Looking for 1-on-1 help planning your Major/Minor and checking your progress? Come talk with our undergraduate advisor Mary Marshall Durrell in 3-10 Humanities!
Study with us.
Our University is ranked among the world's best universities for English Language and Literature, based on academic reputation, employer reputation and research impact.
We provide students with rich experience engaging collectively and critically with culture; a broad education rather than rote learning; and enduring skills, applicable to any workplace, that outlast the latest technology:
- Effective communication and argument
- Ability to analyze diverse forms of linguistic and cultural expression
- Critical thinking, analysis, judgment
- Ability to understand and develop intricate ideas, to apply diverse theoretical positions, and to weigh the importance of alternative perspectives
- Ability to grasp the nuances and ambiguities of words and symbols
- Research skills, including ability to gather, sift, and organize quantities of diverse material and evaluate its significance
About Us | People | Research | Programs | Courses | Student Groups
English and Film Studies News