Study with us.
Our University is consistently ranked among the world's top 50 universities for English Language and Literature, based on academic reputation, employer reputation and research impact.
We provide students with rich experience engaging collectively and critically with culture; a broad education rather than rote learning; and enduring skills, applicable to any workplace, that outlast the latest technology:
- Effective communication and argument
- Ability to analyze diverse forms of linguistic and cultural expression
- Critical thinking, analysis, judgment
- Ability to understand and develop intricate ideas, to apply diverse theoretical positions, and to weigh the importance of alternative perspectives
- Ability to grasp the nuances and ambiguities of words and symbols
- Research skills, including ability to gather, sift, and organize quantities of diverse material and evaluate its significance
English and Film Studies News