The Sexual Assault Centre will be closed periodically in the month of August on the following dates:
- Thursday, August 11, 2016
- Friday, August 12, 2016
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016
- Friday, August 19, 2016
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- Monday, August 29, 2016
If you are thinking of accessing our service during this time, please call before you drop by to ensure there is someone available.
If you are in crisis, please feel free to leave us a message via email or telephone and someone will get back to you as soon as we are available. Alternatively, you are welcome to call the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton's 24 hour crisis line at 780 423-4121.
The University of Alberta Sexual Assault Centre provides a safe place on campus where unconditional support, confidentiality, respect, and advocacy are available for those affected by sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and stalking. The U of A Sexual Assault Centre strives for a campus community free of sexual violence.
We believe in:
- Providing a safe place to be heard,
- Providing unconditional support for survivors in their choices for recovery,
- Respecting each individual's recovery process,
- Providing options and information,
- Promoting fairness for survivors within the University and Criminal Justice systems, and
- Preventing sexual assault through education.
All services are free of charge and are available to people of all genders, sexualities, and backgrounds. Each person's individual recovery process will be respected.