FGSR Council Statement on Recruitment
It is essential that the University of Alberta recruit, retain, and graduate outstanding graduate students. It is recognized that the quality of our graduate programs depends in part upon having intellectually talented, highly motivated, and well-prepared students from diverse backgrounds. FGSR Council has adopted the following principles:
- Encourage applications from qualified persons.
- Maintain admissions based on merit.
- Foster a balanced diversity in the graduate student population.
- Foster multicultural sensitivity and international literacy.
- Ensure fair and equitable treatment of graduate students.
- Provide graduate students with high quality and satisfying educational experiences.
(FGSR Council 1997/05/23)