Official Transcripts

There are four different ways you can order a printout of your University of Alberta Official Transcript:

  • Online Transcript Request Form

    Effective February 5, 2019, the Registrar’s Office is required to enter the CVV (Card Verification Value) for all credit card transactions. Requests for transcripts and payment can now be made online.

    To request your transcripts, complete the online Transcript Request Form.

  • Bear Tracks

    1. Log in to Bear Tracks

    2. Go to 'Academics'  > 'My Academics' > 'Transcript/Unofficial Transcript'

    Requests submitted through Bear Tracks can normally be fulfilled within three business days.

    How do I get a copy of my transcript?

    Requests for University of Alberta Official Transcripts can be made online through Bear Tracks. To order your Official Transcript online, log into Bear Tracks and select “Academics” from the left hand menu. Under “My Academics” select “Transcript”. Under the “Request Official Transcript” tab fill in the required information and submit your request. You can view your Unofficial Transcript online under the “Unofficial Transcript” Tab”.

    If you no longer have access to Bear Tracks, see one of the other options below.

  • Online request for pickup
    Fill out our new online form and pick up your transcripts at Student Connect the following business day. Go to form»
  • In person at Student Connect
    1. You can have your Official Transcripts printed for you in-person at Student Connect in the Office of the Registrar. You will need to bring your ONEcard or valid government-issued photo ID. Most in-person requests can be processed immediately. If you attended the University of Alberta before May 1983, it may take up to five business days to process your request.
    2. Students will be directed to fill out their Transcript Request Form online and process credit card payment with CVV. Making this request in person is only required if you want to get your transcripts printed on the spot. If you wish to send your transcripts via mail or courier, these requests and payment (if required) can now be made online. Students who need to pay with cash or debit will continue to be able to process their payments in person at Student Connect.

Important instructions

If you require your Official Transcripts in separate, sealed envelopes for a third party, please include this in your mailing instructions. The envelope may only be opened by the third party and will be rendered invalid if opened by the student.

Official Transcripts and other forms of certification are released only after any outstanding accounts with any department at the University of Alberta have been settled. For more information on clearing your outstanding accounts, please refer to Financial Holds.

There is no charge to obtain your Official Transcript. If you require priority post, special delivery, or courier service, please provide a prepaid envelope, contact your courier service to arrange prepayment, or include credit card information in the spaces provided on the Transcript Request Form. If you require transcripts by a given deadline, please remember to allow time for postal delivery and submit your request in advance.

For couriers that deliver to a Post Office Box outside of Canada, a street address and a telephone number must be provided. Couriers may not be deliverable to the destination unless these pieces of information are provided.

When transcripts can be issued

When you submit a request for Official Transcript, you may indicate whether you desire to have your transcripts issued immediately, after grades are approved by the Dean, or after your degree is awarded.

If you require Official Transcript to be sent after grades are approved, please note the following:

Student Registered in: Approved grades available in:
Fall Term only (no Winter registration) early February
Both Fall/Winter Terms early June
Winter Term only early June
Spring Term only (no Summer registration) early July
Both Spring/Summer Terms early September
Summer Term only early September

Augustana students

If you completed post-secondary studies at Augustana Faculty (Camrose) prior to September 2006 and then continued your studies at the University of Alberta, you can request your official transcript in Bear Tracks.

The U of A portion of your academic record will be produced and mailed by the Registrar's Office on North Campus. The Augustana Registrar's Office will be advised of your request and will produce and mail the Augustana portion of your academic record.

If you only attended post-secondary studies prior to September 2006 at Augustana Faculty (Camrose), you need to complete a Transcript Request Form from the Augustana Office of the Registrar.