Students and Alumni Verification Documents

Verification documents can be requested for one of the following reasons:

  • Proof of course completion
  • Employment (job application) purposes
  • Immigration (i.e. leaving or entering the country while a student)
  • Banking (i.e. student line of credit or RESP)
  • RESPs set up through bank
  • Proof of degree for certain agencies (APEGA, CARNA, ATA/TQS, etc.)
  • Insurance or daycare purposes

You can also download a download a standard, official U of A letter from the Vice-Provost and University Registrar that includes an explanation of the institution-wide change in grading to CR/NC for Winter 2020.

Types of verification documents

The type of verification document you need may depend on your reason for a verification document:

Document Reason
Enrolment verification Proof of your registration status (full-time or part-time) in the selected terms
Enrolment verification including courses Proof of your registration status in the selected terms with a list of your enrolled courses
Enrolment verification including courses and grades Proof of your registration status in the selected terms with a list of your courses and final grades
Degree/credential verification1,2 Proof of your degree completion and graduation.

1 If you have recently applied for a degree and a decision is still pending (i.e., your degree has not yet been awarded), you will not be able to request a Degree/Credential Verification document.

2 The Degree/Credential Verification is released only after any outstanding accounts with any department at the University of Alberta have been settled. Please review the Financial Holds page for more information.

How to request a verification document

  1. Log in to Bear Tracks
  2. Go to 'Academics' > 'Verification Documents'
  3. Once a verification document is requested through Bear Tracks, students will receive them in  MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ for a fee of $10. (Note: The document is called Confirmation of Enrolment in MyCreds™).

Current students are also able to order your enrolment verification document for pick up in the Student Service Centre (SSC) or Augustana Student Academic Services Office. This option is free and the document will be available for pick up 10 business days after submitting your request. You can also request your enrolment verification document be mailed or couriered for a fee. Requests for mail/courier will be processed 10 business days after submitting your request, plus mail/shipping time. Requests for these options can be made through the Enrolment Verification Request Form

If you are registered for academic accommodations through the Academic Success Centre to take an adjusted course load while still being considered a full-time student, please do NOT submit a request through Bear Tracks. Contact the Student Service Centre for assistance.

Students or alumni who need verification documents for past terms can contact the Student Service Centre.