Degree Parchments

Whether you're a recent grad or a proud alumnus, you may find yourself in need of your parchment, a reprint, or a proof of graduation. Find out more about the difference between these and which one is suitable for you.

Degree parchments

Your degree parchment is the official document issued by the University of Alberta that certifies that you have completed your degree.

Parchments will be mailed to all convocating students, provided they meet all eligibility requirements. Please review your information in Bear Tracks to ensure that your name is how you would like it to appear on your parchment (under Graduation Status) by October 16, 2020 and that your mailing address is up to date (under Personal Information) by October 23, 2020.


Degree parchments can be reprinted for the following reasons:

  • Official change of name
  • Original parchment lost, stolen, or destroyed
  • Original parchment never received
  • Original parchment damaged
  • For professional display purposes (medical doctors, lawyers, and dentists only)

To request a reprint of your degree, please complete an Application for Parchment Reprint. Reprints are produced on a monthly basis at a charge of $100 per reprint. Reprints can only be mailed or sent by courier. There is no in-person pick up option available at this time.

For reprints due to an official change of name, you must also:

  • provide supporting documentation
  • submit a Change of Name form
  • return the original parchment, if available, by mail to Student Connect (Main Floor Administration Building)

Please note: reprinted parchments bear the signatures of the officials who are currently in office and are printed in the current style, size, and language. As well, parchment reprints will be identified as such on the back of the parchment itself, and the reason for reprint will be listed.

Proof of graduation

If you require proof of graduation, there are three options:

Certificate of Degree: A letter that provides proof of your degree completion and graduation. For more information, visit Verification Documents.

Transcript: A transcript is an official copy of your academic record, including degree information. For more information, visit our Transcripts page.

 Certified Copy of Degree: A copy of your original degree, certified by the university. For more information please contact Student Connect.