You will be notified via email when you are eligible to begin registration (this is your Enrolment Date). Course registration opens several months in advance of each term, and you will have the best class selection if you register early.
How to enrol
• On or after your Enrolment Date, until the term registration deadline:
• In Bear Tracks, go to Academics > Enrol / Add
• Add your desired courses individually, or import your draft schedule (Schedule Builder). You can view schedule tips above in the Design Your Schedule section.
• You can also Drop or Swap courses up until the term registration deadline
• After you’ve enrolled in all your courses, check My Class Schedule to to review your class schedule and locations.
Tips and troubleshooting:
• If a class is full, you can add that class to your Watch List; an email notification will then be sent to your UAlberta email account if and when a spot becomes available, at which time you can log in to Bear Tracks to attempt to register in that class again. (Watch List registration is first-come, first-served.)
• Some classes are closed to web registration; in that case, please speak to an advisor in your faculty/department about getting registered in those courses.
• You won’t be able to register in courses if you have a Financial Hold on your account. In Bear Tracks, go to the Financials tab to see if you have a hold on your record, the amount owing, and which department you need to contact to clear the hold. For more information see Financial Holds.
For more detailed step-by-step instructions for each process, consult the Bear Tracks User Guide (PDF)