Departments may have their own internal deadline to collect student’s information to prepare a Departmental nomination letter. Students are to check with their Department for information.
August 15, 2018 (12:00 - 2:00 PM)
- 2019 U of A Vanier Workshop for prospective applicants
- Location: CCIS 1-140, U of A North Campus
August 29 & 30, 2018 (12:00 - 3:30 PM)
- Bootcamp for Vanier applicants. Writing tutors will be available to give generic tips on written segments of the Vanier Application
- Location: 1st Floor Triffo Hall (near the main entry)
September 17, 2018 (11:59 PM Mountain Time/ 01:59 AM September 18, 2018 Eastern Time)
- Institutional Internal Deadline: Deadline for students to submit completed application package to FGSR via ResearchNet (including all attachments) and for receipt of all official, post-secondary transcripts at FGSR, and deadline for Departments to send the nomination letter. Students are to review Application Procedures regarding a completed application package, and Departments are to review 2019 Vanier Memo to Departments.
September 18, 2018 to October 30, 2018
- FGSR accesses all applications via ResearchNet and reviews all applications for completeness, accuracy, and eligibility.
- The FGSR Graduate Scholarship Committee adjudicates all complete and eligible applications and selects nominees to be forwarded to the national competition.
- FGSR notifies applicants of their “forwarded” or “not forwarded” status via ResearchNet.
- All forwarded nominees will be offered professional editing services (paid for by FGSR). FGSR will return the applications of forwarded nominees to their owners via ResearchNet, and will reopen them for additional editing/modification. Students are to then send revised applications before the Program Deadline.
- FGSR uploads all transcripts and department nomination letters to the forwarded nomination packages on ResearchNet.
October 31, 2018 (6:00 PM Mountain Time/ 8:00 PM Eastern Time)
- Vanier Program Deadline: FGSR submits recommended nomination packages to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat. Vanier adjudicates the nomination packages from all Canadian institutions at the national competition level.
- All U of A nominees forwarded by FGSR will be notified of the national competition results via ResearchNet.