Students must notify their Department of their intention to apply. It is
the student’s responsibility to read all instructions and be familiar
with the application process before applying.
Candidates applying for the CGS-MSFSS will now access the application from a single harmonized program description hosted on NSERC’s website. Please click the CGS-MSFSS (NSERC; SSHRC; CIHR) link under our "Additional Information" section to access the application form.
You must create an online account on one of the following agency-specific web-based forms sites, log on, and complete your application.
FGSR will facilitate any revisions to your application if they occur following the submission of your application to FGSR. Winners must apprise FGSR of any changes to their outlined itineraries.
A complete application includes the following:
• Application form, which includes a budget proposal (available on the websites of the respective granting agencies)
• A maximum two-page description of your intended research activities during your research study period abroad and a description of the potential benefits of this travel opportunity
• Letter from current research supervisor; the supervisor must confirm the applicant’s research is related to their CGS research topic in their letter of support.
• Letter from host supervisor indicating the resources available to support student’s planned research activities; non-academic host supervisors must demonstrate they have experience supervising graduate student research
• Terms and Conditions of Applying Form