Students apply online through the Research Portal, which is the Tri-Agency’s electronic system for creating, managing and submitting applications for funding. Students may apply for up to three Canadian post-secondary institutions. FGSR will access University of Alberta applications following the Tri-Agency deadline.
Applicants are expected to carefully read and follow the Instructions for Completing an Application. A complete application must include the following materials:
• An outline of proposed research (One page MAXIMUM. One page MAXIMUM for citations. DO NOT exceed one page for the research proposal).
• CV (to be completed on the Canadian Common CV online system)
• Two letters of reference (to be uploaded online by referees before December 1st)
• OFFICIAL, up-to-date transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (scanned and uploaded). This includes (but is not limited to):
- all foreign transcripts
- all transfer credit transcripts (even if they were transferred to this university)
- OFFICIAL University of Alberta transcripts for all study here (including current registration in which grades are in progress)
- all transcripts of incomplete work/non-degree study/qualifying years, etc.
- Do NOT include unofficial or self-produced transcripts or marksheets (includes UofA transcripts produced from BearTracks).
It is the students’ responsibility to obtain and upload transcripts to the Research Portal for up to three Canadian post-secondary institutions to view. FGSR will not provide copies of transcripts from student records held at the University of Alberta (includes transcripts from other Canadian/international post- secondary institutions and UofA transcripts), nor will FGSR upload transcripts on students’ behalf.
IMPORTANT: FGSR does not have access to the Research Portal prior to the deadline and cannot assist students with application materials. After complete applications have been submitted online to the Research Portal by the deadline, they cannot be adjusted.