Researcher Home Page


The Researcher Home Page is a self-serve online grant management tool that allows researchers to: 

  • Request new research projects
  • Submit requests for online approvals
  • Request amendments to current projects, including:
    • Changes to project end dates
    • Changes in award amounts
    • Changes in principal investigator/project holder
    • Change in department
    • Changes to project funder (adding/removing sponsor)
  • Request outgoing subgrants to co-investigators at other institutions
  • Easily monitor the progress of new research proposal and amendment requests through the various stages of RAS processing (completion of each stage is displayed in a Grants Life Cycle diagram)
  • View advice notices and other proposal/project attachments
  • Easily track project spending and commitments
  • Request authorization of temporary over-expenditures
  • Run financial reports that can be saved as PDFs for their records

How to Get Started in Researcher Home Page

1. Navigate to the University of Alberta Peoplesoft login page and log in using your CCID and password

2. Click on the Self-Service Center icon

3. Once you are in the Self-Service Center, open the General Inquiry drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the page and select the Researcher Home Page link

4. Once inside, the Researcher Home Page will automatically display all of your active research projects and proposals

Additional Information

For more information on using the Researcher Home Page, including a handy list of navigation tips, please review the Guide to Researcher Home Page PDF booklet. You may also find it helpful to review our Quick Reference Guides on Requesting a New Application/Proposal/Project via Online Approvals and Requirements When Submitting a Request to RAS.


Please note that access to projects within the Researcher Home Page is granted through the e-security module of HCM. Access to proposals, meanwhile, is granted by submitting a Project Administrator Access to Proposals form to For more information and to access this form, please visit the Security Forms and Information page.

For changes to requests generated via the Researcher Home Page, please contact

Please note: If this is your first request, you will have to work with either your Research Partner or an administrator in your department to create the request.