City: Beijing Country: China
Tsinghua University Website
What TU has to offer:
- Is considered to be "the Harvard" of China - China's best university
- A comprehensive research university dedicated to academic excellence, the well-being of Chinese society and to global development
- A wide variety of academic disciplines; with 14 schools and 56 departments in science, engineering, the humanities, law, medicine, history, philosophy, economics, management, education and art
- An educational philosophy to "train students with integrity"
- A reputation for hosting some of the most distinguished guest speakers of any university in the world; with international leaders such as Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Henry Kissinger, Carlos Ghosn, and Henry Paulson, all recently giving lectures to the university community
- Extensive facilities; including supermarkets, bookstores, banks, post offices, hospital, sports centers, outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurants and dining halls
- Named one of the most beautiful college campuses in the world by Forbes
Students who are Canadian citizens applying for this program are encouraged to apply for funding through the Canada Learning Initiative in China (CLIC) program.
Students applying for this exchange who are not Canadian citizens have other funding options open to them.
Why don't you combine your participation in this exchange with participation in an internship as well? We could send you on a TusStar Internship or an IWE internship in Hong Kong before or after your exchange. If you are interested in going out on two programs please contact Michal Guzowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered: Fall, Winter, Full Year
Semester 1: September – January
Semester 2: February – June
Open to: All Faculties
Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Tsinghua University reserves exchange opportunities for students who are not from China and includes students from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan in this exclusion.
Language of Instruction: English (limited), Chinese
Students wanting to take Chinese-taught courses should have a level of Chinese equivalent to HSK Band 5.
Field of Study: All
Tsinghua University Course Information - scroll to the bottom of the page for links to course information.
Tsinghua University Credit Information
Tsinghua University Accommodation
What Students Say
Student Feedback Report 1 (PDF)
Student Feedback Report 2 (PDF)
University of Alberta International, Education Abroad
Credit Transfer History