City: Bogota Country: Colombia
Universidad de Los Andes Website
What the Universidad de Los Andes has to offer:
- The first independent university in Colombia
- Promotes an interdisciplinary approach to education; where students are encouraged to design their own academic program with the help of study counsellors
- Fosters pluralism, diversity, dialogue, debate, criticism, tolerance and respect towards its members' ideas, beliefs and values
- Houses a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and prestigious faculty
- Located in Bogota, the largest city in Colombia and one of the biggest in Latin America
- Situated in the city's historical center; an area that houses many historic sites, universities, banks, government offices, and headquarters of large Colombian companies
- Check out the "How do foreign students see the Universidad de los Andes" video
When Can I Go?
Terms Offered: Fall, Winter, Full Year
Semester 1: January – June
Semester 2: July – December
Open to: All Faculties
Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Language of Instruction: English, Spanish (Students should present a Spanish B2 certificate if they would like to take courses taught in Spanish and a B1 certificate if they are planning to take courses taught in English)
Field of Study: All
Exchange students should not take 1st-year courses at this university as they are equivalent to courses at the Grade 12 level and will likely NOT be granted transfer credit at UAlberta.
Universidad de Los Andes Course Information
Universidad de Los Andes Credit Information
Uniandes University Housing offers lodging services for all members of its community through its Torre Seneca (On campus) housing.
Otherwise, students are expected to find their own accommodations off campus.
University of Alberta International, Education Abroad