Residence Staff

There are many people and departments that you will meet while you are living in residence. All of us are here to make your experience a good one. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable and educational communities for all types of students who consider academic success, diversity, community involvement and personal well-being essential to university life.

Residence Operations

The Residence Operations team (also referred to as Housing) work hard to ensure that your overall residence experience, from move-in and maintenance to questions and check-out, is positive - in essence, they are the landlord. For information or service pertaining to your agreement/lease, the facilities, lockouts, lost keys, cleaning, policies or the physical environment in general, please contact any Operations staff member in our Residence Services Offices.

Residence Life

Resident Assistants (RAs)
The Resident Assistants (RAs) work for Residence Services and reside in the community. They are specially trained to provide quality services to the student community from assisting students in need to organizing opportunities for involvement. They are also on-call for emergency purposes when the Residence Services Office is closed. Please contact any RA for information about how to get involved, how to access on-campus resources, how to deal with conflicts, for after hours emergencies, or simply to talk. Your RA on-call number is available on the Current Residents page for your residence.

Residence Coordinator (RC)
Residence Coordinators are full-time staff members living in various residences on campus who provide support and guidance to student staff, council and residents, 24-hours-a-day during the academic year. Resident Assistants report to these professional live-in Residence Services staff.  

University of Alberta Protective Services (UAPS)

Protective Services, also known as Campus 5-0, responds to a variety of incidents and emergencies on campus. They work to prevent crime on campus and provide educational and awareness programs. UAPS can be reached using any campus payphone (toll free call), an emergency blue phone on campus or by regular telephone (780 492 5050).

Maintenance Staff

Maintenance staff address facility problems. If repairs are required, residents should submit a service request.