The Alberta MBA Program curricula is based on the following set of learning goals:
Learning Goal #1: Application of Business Concepts and Theories
- Students will use their theoretical knowledge of functional areas to analyze common organizational situations.
Learning Goal #2: Teamwork and Leadership Skills
- Students will apply concepts of group behaviour to analyze a group project in which they participated.
- Students will use leadership knowledge to evaluate their performance on leadership skills.
Learning Goal #3: Critical Thinking
- Students will develop their abilities to think critically in new and unfamiliar circumstances through the application of conceptual and theoretical understandings of core business fundamentals.
Learning Goal #4: Communication Skills
- Students will effectively communicate through professional-quality documents and be able to create written documents in appropriate formats to communicate effectively to various audiences.
- Students will effectively prepare and deliver a well-organized business presentation.
Learning Goal #5: Ethical Awareness
- Students will develop a high degree of ethical awareness.
- Students will develop strategies to recognize and deal with ethical problems.
Learning Goal #6: Global Awareness
- Students will know the importance of culture in international business.
- Students will be able to develop strategies to adapt to cultural difference.