Do you need a contract or a waiver?

The University of Alberta must accept and manage reasonable levels of risk in order to achieve its vision and mission, For the Public Good. At the same time, it is essential to use appropriate legal documents to protect the University's community, assets, and long-term success. There are various types of legal documents commonly used by the University of Alberta to mitigate risk. Please click the links below to find out more about each type of document.

  1. Agreements/Contracts (for external organizations or service providers)
  2. Informed consent (for individuals; participants are under the age of 18)
  3. Waivers (for individuals; participants are 18 years or older)

Exception: Please contact the Research Ethics Office for information about informed consent documents and procedures for research involving human subjects.