Agreements & Contracts

Whenever University of Alberta faculties, departments or administrative units enter into an agreement with an external organization or individual there should be a formal agreement in place (eg. service contracts, facility use agreements, student placement agreements, etc). Please be aware that staff, faculty, and students are subject to various policies and procedures (UAPPOL) that prescribe certain kinds of agreement for different types of activities.

The University has several tools in place, including contracts and agreements, to help faculty and staff mitigate risk and define terms, conditions, and scope of services. Please use the information below to find the appropriate risk management tool, or contact Insurance & Risk Assessment with any questions.

Which Tool Should You Use? (Contact the department listed for more information)

*Please note that units contacting General Counsel should do so through the authorized contact in their portfolio (see the Retention of External Legal Counsel Procedure for more info).