Health and Travel Insurance

Required Health and Travel Insurance while Abroad

When traveling abroad, you should be aware of four general types of insurance coverage that you can obtain: medical insurance, travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance, and personal effects insurance. It is MANDATORY for students participating in education abroad programs to be covered by a required level of HEALTH, TRAVEL and TRIP CANCELLATION insurance. Please click here for detailed information on the health and travel insurance requirements by the University’s Insurance and Risk Assessment Office. Insurance regarding personal effects is not mandatory.

Students must complete and sign the Confirmation of Health and Travel Insurance form through your Program Contact or online application prior to departure. The Education Abroad Program reserves the right to terminate a student’s education abroad program should they fail to submit the Confirmation of Health and Travel Insurance form.