Other positions I currently hold are:
- Clinical Co-Director - Centre of Excellence for Gastrointestinal Inflammation and Immunity Research (CEGIIR)
- Program Director - Inflammatory Bowel Disease Fellowship Training Program
- Co-Director - Small Bowel Endoscopy Program
Improving treatment of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- Application of microarray technology to predict the outcome of IBD as well as a patient's response to therapies, such as infliximab, adalimumab, and vedolizumab.
Small bowel endoscopy
- Double-balloon endoscopy is a relatively new technology that my team is assessing for the management of patients with Crohn's disease of the small bowel.
- Imaging of the entire intestinal tract provides insight into how the individual is responding to therapy and can inform treatment modifications.
Epstein-Barr virus in IBD
Health economic assessments of biologic therapies for the treatment of IBD
Clinical Co-Director - Centre of Excellence for Gastrointestinal Inflammation and Immunity Research (CEGIIR)
CEGIIR is a world-class research initiative that brings together researchers, clinicians, and trainees from multiple centres to focus their investigative expertise to understand the etiology and pathogenesis of the human intestinal microbiota and gastrointestinal diseases.
Representing clinical aspects, I coordinate linkage between patients, study enrollment, data and specimen collection, and translation of research findings into clinical practice.
The impact of 6MP metabolite levels on infliximab pharmacokinetics and anti-infliximab antibodies in Crohn’s disease
- Funding Source: Janssen
- Year Granted: 2017
- Research Role: Local Principal Investigator