2013 FRCPC, 2006 MSc Public Health, UMIT, Hall i.T., Austria
2004 PhD/Habilitation, University of Innsbruck, Austria
2001 Board of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
1993 Board of Pediatrics, University of Genoa, Italy
1989 MD with Honors, University of Genoa, Italy.
Areas of Interest:
Clinical: Neonatal, Pediatric and Adult Cholestasis, Perinatal and Pediatric Liver Disease, Congenital Heart Disease, Metabolic Diseases, Ultrastructural (TEM/SEM) and Multi-Signaling-related (IF, CFLM) Analysis of Pediatric Diseases, Fetal, Perinatal and Pediatric Autopsy, Relevance of Teamwork and Quality Assurance in Diagnostic Services.
Educational: Translation Medicine, Pediatric Histopathology and Signal Transduction Identification with Clinico-Pathological Correlation.
- Pathology and Genetics of Hepato-Renal Fibrocystic Diseases with Development of Animal
- Models as well as Veterinary Pathology of KO and KI Models
- Etiology and Pathogenesis of Hepatocellular and Cholangiocellular Carcinoma
- Interaction of Insulin-Growth Factor Binding Proteins and Ubiquitin-Proteasome Pathway in Pediatric Tumors
- Mitochondrial DNA-related Cardiomyopathies and Neuro-Metabolic Diseases
- Detection of Homoplasmic and Heteroplasmic Mutations in Mitochondriopathies