Employment Verification Letters

We provide employment verification letters to active employees who need to verify their employment income and provide proof of employment with the University of Alberta.

In some cases, other forms of financial documentation like pay statements and annual tax slips (found on Bear Tracks), the Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment (provided after you file your annual personal tax return), and offer letters can be used to satisfy financial confirmation requests.

Note: For Foreign Nationals, this letter is not sufficient for your employment reference letter. Please visit here to learn about documentation required you will need.

Request a Letter

It may take up to five business days to process your request.


If you require a letter for a reason other than outlined below, include the details in your submission.

Third-Party Inquiries

  • Submit a request through the Staff Service Centre using the 'Contact Us' Portal
  • Follow the 'Sign Up' instructions for those without a CCID.

Employment Letter Details

Employment letters include:

  • Position title, faculty or unit
  • Hours worked (full-time, part-time or hourly)
  • Start and end date (if applicable) of your appointment
  • Current compensation, which is stated in annual, semi-monthly, or hourly rate depending on the appointment type

Not Eligible

Individuals who have received a scholarship and/or fellowship are not eligible to receive an employment verification letter.





VP Services & Finance VP Services & Finance